Over a period of time any physical structure develops cracks and other signs of wear and tear in its foundations. Since the foundation is one of the most important structural features of a building, any issues found in it should be fixed immediately. And if the structure is a home, then the foundation needs to be restumped without any further delay.
Why You Need House Restumping
Most houses in Melbourne use either wooden or concrete stumps as a foundation to support the structure that sits above the ground. The stumps are vulnerable to rotting, deterioration, and cracks. When the wear and tear affects the foundation, the house becomes an unsafe and unstable structure to live in. Restumping is the process where our experts fix any issues with the foundation by bolstering it with new stumps.
The Services We Provide
At Melbournerestumping, we take care of all aspects related to providing a new foundation for your home. They include:
- Choosing the type of stumps
Homes are built on either concrete or timber stumps. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The former is more cost effective than the latter and can be used in damp conditions where the metal reinforcements of concrete stumps tend to rust and expand. The disadvantage of timer stumps is that their life expectancy is relatively shorter, when compared to their concrete cousin. Another drawback of the wooden variety is that it cannot be firmly secured to the bearers as concrete stumps. Our contractors analyse the soil type and the ground conditions before suggesting an appropriate type of stump.
- Providing the right quote for restumping house in Melbourne
Once the right kind of stump is selected, we then proceed to draw up a contract with our client where the following details are finalised:
- The number of stumps that will be used and the spacing between them.
- On completion of the work, the level to which the floors will be brought back.
- If the floorboards need to be removed and to what condition the floor will then be reinstated.
- The restumping will be completed according to building regulations
- Whether a council building permit has to be obtained.
- The start and finish date of the project.
- Monitoring our work
Melbournerestumping believes in providing the best foundation repairing services for our clients. We try and achieve this goal by constant monitoring of our work. The checkpoints that we look for are:
- The proper re-levelling of floors. We check this by using a dumpy level, which gives a more accurate reading than a spirit level.
- Whether the new stumps are securely fixed to the bearers and whether they are not positioned underneath the junction of two bearers.
- If the stumps are not located over any pads, where they are used.
- If there are caps that fill the gap between the stumps and bearers.
Professional House Restumping
We have been providing our clients with professional and reliable foundation repair services with the guarantee of the stumps lasting a lifetime.